Marketing & Program Coordinator Position Description
OVERVIEW OF ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 2011, Green Living Science(GLS) is a Detroit based non-profit organization focused on providing sustainability education to students, families and businesses throughout the community. The organization’s mission is to help Detroiters deepen their understanding of their impact and reliance on the natural environment.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE: We are currently seeking an eager and self motivated individual to help us grow the organization. The marketing & program coordinator will be responsible for growing, managing, and promoting Green Living Science programs and assisting directors with programs.
● Responsible for preparing all print and digital marketing materials, newsletters, and press releases.
● Managing donor engagement programs and donor database.
● Manage, train, and cultivate relationships with volunteers and donors.
● Social media and tracking/reporting of website activity.
● Research grant and other fundraising opportunities.
● Assist directors with grant applications and grant reporting.
● Assisting with special event planning and implementation.
● Serve as primary contact for local media outlets and be knowledgeable source of information on programs and the organization.
● Assist with promotion of Green Living Science school, business, and community programs and assist directors with programmatic needs.
● Experience in fund development and nonprofit administration
● Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Public Administration, or Environmental Science
● Highly effective verbal and written communicator
● Strong presentation and public speaking skills
● Demonstrated expertise with building relationships
● Highly motivated and flexible
● Decisiveness and patience to work with children
● Passion for spreading awareness of environmental issues through education
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until August 24th.
P.S. Must know how to recycle.